Friday, July 22, 2011

WNY-A Story about a Goat named Lucy







I was enjoying my daily run when I heard some sounds behind me. I look back to find a goat chasing me. I started to scream and throw rocks to scare it. The goat would not stop charging me, so I stopped running. When I stopped running, the goat stopped. I started walking and then the goat would start walking. I started running and then the goat would start running. I thought to myself, "How am I suppose to get back home?" There are no houses in sight, so I did not know where the goat belonged. I had the toughest part of my run remaining, one mile uphill. I normally get half way up the hill and then walk the rest, but today I had to run the whole thing. I started to run as fast as possible to get home and some help. I was truly scared about this goat behind me. I didn't know how to get rid of it. Not many cars take this country road, however, two cars passed me. As they passed me I waved my hand in the air to signal them to stop.......so naturally they waved back. I guess they thought that was a normal occurrence in farm country, a person running with their goat. I finally saw my mom's house and I was screaming for my mom, hoping her motherly instinct would be to sense that her daughter was in trouble. She finally came out and we were stuck with this goat all day. The owner from down the road showed up. Very colorful man, no teeth, obese, no shirt and pants hanging down covering only half of his butt. Luca feared the goat, but started to warm up to it once we named it. We called it George, when we found out that it was a girl we changed it to Georgeanne. Later the farmer told us that the real name was Lucy.
Here are some pictures of our experince with Lucy the goat.
*One tip for you is that if you want to have a good run get a goat to chase you. It was my best run to date:)

No comments:

Post a Comment